The 2017-2018 Secured Tax Roll is now available.
You may now search and pay for secured, unsecured, defaulted, supplemental and escape tax bills.
1. Click the "Pay Online" button below.
2. Search for your bill by parcel/bill number, mailing address, or unsecured bill number.
3. After reviewing search results, choose an installment and click "Add to Cart."
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "View Cart."
5. After reviewing the cart, scroll to the bottom the page and click "Check Out."
6. Follow the instructions to complete the transaction.
7. Your transaction is not final until you click "Submit" and receive a receipt that says "Successful."
- When searching for a current secured, defaulted, supplemental or escape bills, please search by either the parcel number or the current mailing address.
- When searching for an Unsecured Tax Bill (for businesses, boats or airplanes) please search by the 4 digit year and 6 digit bill number.
Warning: If you experience server errors while paying your taxes online from a country outside of the U.S., you can pay your bill by mail or by phone with a credit card using our secure phone payment system at (619) 696-9994. We apologize for the inconvenience.
You can get a duplicate tax bills for $1 at any Tax Collector's office.
Avoid Penalties from Rejected E-check Payments - Four Easy Reminders:
Use an open checking account.
- Use information shown on the bottom of your check.
- Do not use information from a deposit slip.
- Make sure the account is not closed.
Enter the account number accurately.
- Be sure to include all digits.
- Do not include the check number.
- Enter the number twice for verification.
- Do not copy your first entry.
Enter the routing number accurately.
- Be sure to include all digits.
- Do not transpose numbers.
Verify the information.
- Double check your routing and account number to avoid a $25 returned check fee and delinquent penalties.
Regarding e-mail Reminders:
If you have received a courtesy e-mail reminder regarding secured property taxes and you or your lender have already paid OR you do not own secured property in the County of San Diego, please disregard the e-mail.
If you have received an e-mail regarding Tax Sales and would like additional information, please click here.
To opt out of receiving future e-mail reminders, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the original email and your email address will automatically be removed.
Regarding Lender Payments:
If you are inquiring about the status of a payment made on your behalf by your lender or a financial institution, please note that lenders (or their representative tax service company) generally pay by wire in bulk just prior to December 10th and April 10th, even though your account may reflect a debit in the month prior.
Our office processes the wire payments as quickly as possible. However, it can take up to two weeks for the payment to post to your account. Your parcel will be considered paid as of the date we received your lender's payment. Our website has the same up-to-date information that our customer service representatives would be able to provide.
Regarding Optional Payment Methods:
Should you experience a delay using our on-line electronic payment system, please see other convenient payment options below to pay by phone, mail, or in person at one of our offices. Most property tax payments are paid and processed each year between Nov. 1 - Dec. 10 and Feb. 1 - Apr. 10.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact our office at 877.829.4732.
* Cash accepted at Downtown Office ONLY.