We May Have Your Money. Claim It Now!
The County of San Diego has $441,000 worth of unclaimed money that
we want to give back to you!
This money has gone unclaimed for three or more years. Claim it by September 7 before it's turned over to the County's general fund.
Search for your name or property now by clicking either button here. If you find your name on the list, follow the instructions below on how to claim your refund.
Sign up for "New Unclaimed Money" e-notifications to receive an email
when a new unclaimed money list is published.
How to Claim Your Refund
Click one of the blue headings to find out how to claim your refund.
Property Tax Refunds:
Follow these three easy steps to claim your refund.
Find your name or parcel/bill number on the Unclaimed Property Tax Refund list.
Fill out the Unclaimed Property Tax Refund Claim Form. Detailed instructions and information are included with the form.
You must SIGN the claim form or your claim will be returned. Make sure you have read the instructions and made copies of all required documents.
After completing and signing the claim form, email it to email@example.com or mail it to:
San Diego County Treasurer Tax Collector
ATTN: Financial Division/Property Tax Refund Claim
1600 Pacific Highway, Room 162
San Diego, CA 92101
If you have any questions regarding an unclaimed property tax refund please call (619) 531-5813 for further assistance.
Find your name on the Countywide Unclaimed Monies list.
Fill out a Unclaimed Monies Request Form.
If you are filing a claim for which there are multiple payees, each payee must sign the claim form and submit the required documentation.
Your signature WILL need to be notarized if your claim exceeds $500.
You must provide the following documentation to our office when filing your claim:
- A copy of current photo identification for each claimant
- Verification of address, if mailing address if different from original mailing address or photo identification
- Copy of current photo identification for the authorized agent signing the form
- Letter of authorization on company letterhead with the names of officers or officials with authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business
- If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement;
- If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution;
E-mail the completed form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the form and documents to the following address:
County of San Diego
Attn: Escheatment Processing
1600 Pacific Highway, Rm 152
San Diego, CA 92101