Submitting a Deposit for Estates of Deceased and Abandoned Properties
To submit Estates of Deceased proceeds:
- Make check payable to SDCTTC.
- Mail to:
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector
Attn: Estates of Deceased Claims
1600 Pacific Highway, Room 162
San Diego, CA 92101-2475
- Include a letter:
- with your contact information.
- the name of the decedent.
- the name of the heir, if known,
- the amount per heir (if one check is for multiple heirs),
- the nature of the property (e.g. court order for distribution showing heir's share and probate case #).
- any documentation that may assist in identifying the rightful owner.
- Note that all provided documentation becomes public record, except for confidential information like social security numbers and personal addresses (which will be redacted).
- If you would like a receipt, enclose a receipt for us to sign and return.