Countywide Unclaimed Money
The County of San Diego has $703,000 to reunite with its rightful owners. San Diegans have until September 6, 2019, to claim their money.
Unclaimed funds are broken into two lists: countywide unclaimed money on this page and property tax refunds. If you find your name, follow the instructions below the list to submit a claim.
Examples of refunds on this page include unclaimed planning and land use deposits, Department of Environmental Health permits, and deposits to the courts.
Filing a Claim
Find your name on the Countywide Unclaimed Monies list.
Fill out a Unclaimed Monies Request Form.
If you are filing a claim for which there are multiple payees, each payee must sign the claim form and submit the required documentation.
Your signature WILL need to be notarized if your claim exceeds $500.
You must provide the following documentation to our office when filing your claim:
- A copy of current photo identification for each claimant
- Verification of address, if mailing address if different from original mailing address or photo identification
- Copy of current photo identification for the authorized agent signing the form
- Letter of authorization on company letterhead with the names of officers or officials with authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business
- If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement;
- If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution;
E-mail the completed form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the form and documents to the following address:
County of San Diego Treasurer-Tax Collector
Attn: Escheatment Processing
1600 Pacific Highway, Rm 152
San Diego, CA 92101