Defaulted Bills Mailed
When the 2021/2022 annual and supplemental bills were not paid by the close of the tax roll on June 30, 2022, the bills went into default and additional penalties and fees were added.
Defaulted tax bills will continue to accrue penalties at a rate of 1.5% per month (18% per year) until paid in full.
- Supplemental bills are separate and in additional to the annual tax bill. They are not sent to your lender for payment.
- Partial payments are not accepted.
- You may be eligible to set up a Five-Year Payment Plan for payment of defaulted taxes. Click here for more information.
Penalties may only be canceled under specific conditions authorized by the California Revenue & Taxation Code.
Penalties will NOT be canceled for the following reasons:
- Forgot to pay.
- Thought the lender was paying.
- Failed to receive tax bill. Lost tax bill.
The 2022/2023 Annual Secured tax bills will be available in late September.