Property Tax Refunds

Each year the Treasurer-Tax Collector receives thousands of dollars in property tax overpayments. While the majority are returned to taxpayers, some refunds remain unclaimed.

Search the list below to see if you are owed a refund, and follow the instructions to file a claim. 

You can sort the list by name, parcel number or amount by clicking on each column heading. 


Claim a Refund


Find your name or parcel/bill number on the Unclaimed Property Tax Refund list above. 


Fill out the Unclaimed Property Tax Refund Claim Form. Detailed instructions and information are included with the form.

You must SIGN the claim form or your claim will be returned. Make sure you have read the instructions and made copies of all required documents.


After completing and signing the claim form, email it to or mail it to:
San Diego County Treasurer Tax Collector
ATTN: Financial Division/Property Tax Refund Claim
1600 Pacific Highway, Room 162
San Diego, CA 92101

If you have any questions regarding an unclaimed property tax refund please call (619) 531-5813 for further assistance.


Any property tax refund that remains unclaimed for four years may be turned over to the County's General Fund, according to state law. Before the money is transferred, we try to give people one last chance to claim it.